Sunday, December 9, 2012

Boutiques and Sales








Yesterday was a pretty exciting day for me and for J and M Custom Jewelry.  Let’s start to go back two weeks ago.  A neighbor of mine told me about a Christmas boutique that a local church was running to help local businesses.  Upon hearing this I jumped into my car and signed up thinking how great of an opportunity to sell my jewelry to a new market.  Anxiety kicked in the moment I signed my name; I couldn’t wait for December 8th when I could set up a table and layout pieces like Sapphire Mint and Ode to the Queen. 



The day came and I was a little nervous, making new bracelets to have on display.  I also thought I didn’t have enough pieces to satisfy a strong demand but, in fact I did. 
I set up a purple tablecloth and a banner my son bought me and I was on my way.  The area we were in smelled the way Christmas should smell like; cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate, and pinecones filled the air and would take you to a place of tranquility.  The first hour the boutique opened many people were just dragging their feet trying to catch a glimpse of everything being sold.  Cake mixes, dips, fondue machines, men’s bracelets, pendants, ice packs, flip flops, home accessories, and more were some products that caught many people’s eye.  And, admittedly, I didn’t sell much in the first few hours but things started to kick in slightly once the night grew darker and colder.  I received many compliments and a few suggestions from customers, which I will take into consideration.  The customer is indeed always right.  To celebrate my success yesterday, I’m going to throw a sale to last one week, buy one get one half off.  There isn’t an online store, yet, but you can browse through the many designs on my facebook page.  If you come to a piece you like, send me a personal message and I will gladly tell you how you can purchase a piece.  There will be a store coming soon. 
















Thank you very much for supporting me and I hope you purchase a lovely, handcrafted piece soon, bye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment